4.13.2009

The Tall and Short of It

Sometimes an article really brings out the crazy in folks. Recently, the increasingly erratic people over at Burger King ran an ad in Spain that upset the Mexican people. Before we continue let's take a peak at the ad! It makes me sad and hungry, kinda like sex:


The ad features a tall cowboy and a short man in a Mexican-style wrestling costume. The tag line? "The taste of Texas with a little spicy Mexican."

I decided I would check out the coverage on the right-leaning website Breitbart.com because it was the first and only place I went. Ok, with that out of the way, let's have some not-so-good, not-so-clean, not-so-much-fun.

Teachem on Breitbart.com:

"It is not the first time that fast-food outlets have offended Mexican sensibilities. And, I can guarantee you --that it won't be the last time that American businesses insult Illegal scum-sucking dirt-bags that chomp on U.S. resources!!! The pizza shop that I go to has a sign that says, English speaking only, or they won't take your order. That's why I go there, and it's the best damn pizza I ever had!!! "

Wow. I totally forgot that pizza speaks English! Just to back up Teachem's point, here is a partial list of people who came over on the Mayflower:

Humility Calzone
Rustica Fuller
William "Pepperoni" Bradford
Mozzarella John Carver

Next week, we will tackle Burger King and their new "Somali Pirate Head Shot Happy Meal". Yum.

No comments: